This page is under construction. Contact me (Timtech) to add/change info!
Humanoid24 coded the original LUNI server. He has also done excellent research and documentation about the LU protocol. (More info needed -Tim)
Jon002 is an important figure in the history of LUNI. He shared his files with all, aided raffa with the concepts of the server, uploaded his client to Timtech’s original LUNI pages, and helped the community with their problems. Server versions 0.4, 0.5.1, and 0.6 were mainly his work (in addition to original coding by humanoid24), and he has developed the server continuously, including recent versions like 0.8. Jon is currently a moderator on the LUNIServer.com forums.
Lcdr helped to decrypt pwjones’s packets and code the original server. He also documented the protocol with humanoid24. (More info needed -Tim)
Pwjones is a critical figure in the development of the LUNI project, due to the fact that he was the only person who captured encrypted packets from transmissions between the client and server before the closure of LEGO Universe. He gladly released the captures to the public on the original LUNI Server forums, which the developers used in the construction of the server. These packets were later removed by raffa after his major content removal, and re-uploaded by Timtech to TimTechSoftware.com. Pwjones also released all known world checksums to the public at a time where these were crucial to packet editing, as well as assisting humanoid24 and lcdr with documentation of the LU protocol.
Raffa was the leader of the original LUNI Project. Along with co-owner Nealybealy, he managed the Sourceforge page for LUNI. He has currently abandoned the project altogether due to his previous conflicts with Timtech. Raffa created the first post on the Sourceforge forums on August 10, 2011. Since then, he posted 130 times as of April 2, 2015, and he shut down his version of the project on March 27, 2015. Raffa filed a DMCA takedown for the LUNI pages on TimTechSoftware.com, which were countered by Timtech. Timtech succeeded in reinstating the pages into the Google search engine almost a year later, and neither one pursued the case further (as either one could have initiated legally binding court actions by continuing their side of the claim). The final altercation between Raffa and Tim occured on June 16, 2014, in which Tim agreed to stop hosting his public server (he has not hosted a public server since). He left the forum and six months later, all activity on the forum ceased.
Xiphoseer is an independent developer who improved the server’s source during the summer of 2015. He implemented the first working multiplayer server, thanks to the excellent documentation by humanoid & lcdr. It was the first LUNI-based server using only dynamic packets, and all public servers are based on this version. He has since joined DarwinAnim8or to work on DLU. He maintains a blog about LEGO Universe and programming in general at https://xiphosia.wordpress.com
- Alanzote (Developer of LEGO Universe Rebuild and LEGO Universe Reborn)
- BlasterBuilder (Donated the “Blast” client)
- CDFalcon (Donated the “Nexus” client, host of two public servers, character & packet customization research)
- HappyAngryCatfish (Moderator on this site)
- Jonny (LUNI developer)
- Kittyjumpyphone (Moderator on this site)
- Knightoffaith (Moderator on this site)
- Lego king (LU Time capsule, LUNI app)
- mater06 (Moderator on this site, LUNI developer)
- PacMania67 (Donated the client version 220.127.116.11)
- RoboWarrior (Character & packet customization research)
- startreklover (Donated the “Nexus 2” client, publishes YouTube tutorials as “LEGO Universe Now”)
- TheNyJan (Developed the LUNI Launcher)
- Timtech (Admin of this site, created the LU Translator)
- XYQuadrat (Moderator on this site)
Public Server Hosts
- CDFalcon – Falcon’s Nebula (Oct 2015)
- Coolgametube – LEGO Universe Reborn (Nov 2016 – Jan 2017)
- Egmo – LEGO Universe Reborn (Dec 2015 – Jan 2016)
- Kee225 – Project Pluto (Sep 2016)
- Jonny – Jonny’s Server (Oct 2015 – Dec 2015, Aug 2016 – Jan 2017)
- Timtech – 0.5 (Feb 2014 – Jun 2014)