Code of Conduct / Forum Rules
September 10, 2015 at 10:12 am #691
To prevent unnecessary topics and conflicts and provide a generally positive situation, these following rules and guidelines must be followed by anyone posting on these forums, including moderators. You should have read and understood these rules before posting anything. Posts which fail to comply with these rules might be changed, merged, hidden or removed, but must have an appropriate edit-note or a post mentioning the changes in this thread.
- All discussions must be appropriate for all audiences, especially younger ones. This includes all language (no profanity), and any reference, discussion, or mention of anything illegal, obscene, vulgar, containing mature themes, or otherwise objectionable.
- Before asking for help, look at the FAQ or search for existing topics. Many questions are very common and only clutter the forum. There is really no point in answering the same thing over and over again.
- Do not ask when features/the game will be done or if they will be done soon. The developers are working very hard, and adding features is complex. The team is primarily made up of fans who are self-taught and working in their free time. Everyone wants new features to be added as soon as possible, but no one can provide an exact timeline on how development will evolve for any given feature.
- Do not demand features! You may of course propose features, but be careful with your wording. The developers work on LUNI not for LUNI. They use their free time and since it’s a LEGO game are not even allowed to do it professionally. Respect their work, and if you really need a feature, then work on it yourself!
- Do not personally attack people or undermine their reputation. The general rule applies “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it”. If you have a legitimate concern, or some useful criticism, by all means raise it. However, do it in a way that is respectful and constructive, as opposed to hurtful or in a way that could instigate a flame war. Generally, be nice to others and treat them with respect.
- Do not post any content that infringes on the intellectual property or other rights of any party. This is an open-source project. With open source, people rely on others to respect what they created and use content in a way that the author intended it for.
- There will be no support for non-release versions. For all versions that are not a full release we have a policy of not providing setup support for them. This means any questions on problems WHILE the server is running are allowed. A ‘running’ server is defined as a server you can start, connect to, register on, log in at, create and play with a character at and walk around the worlds on.
- Protect your own safety and privacy, and do not do anything to invade that of others, take advantage of them, or post any malware or any other content that is harmful to another user or their property. Refrain from soliciting, and do not attempt to take advantage of the LUNI Server Project services or other users (such as attempting to obtain information about other users which you would not normally have access to, or by circumventing security measures).
These Rules and Guidelines are subject to change, and you should check back on them after an update.
Approval or disapproval of these rules may be signed by any moderator, these rules are valid as long as more moderators have signed approval than disapproval.
The latest valid version of rules will remain in effect if the most recent is invalid.
Version 3, 19th of September 2015 (Minor typo revision by @knightoffaith 20th of November 2015, no re-vote needed)
Signed by @knightoffaith, 2015/10/20
Signed by @xiphoseer, 2015/09/19
Signed by @xyquadrat, 2015/09/29
Version 1, 10th of September 2015
Signed by @xiphoseer, 2015/09/10
Signed by @mater06, 2015/09/10
Signed by @xyquadrat, 2015/09/10
Signed by @knightoffaith, 2015/09/13
Signed by @Timtech, 2015/09/10
September 12, 2015 at 9:59 pm #743
- This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Knightoffaith.
Removed post by @kingpretzel in the same thread for violation of Rule #2 by asking about how to change the profile picture. (See How to edit my profile picture after registering, found by searching ‘profile picture’).September 18, 2015 at 4:51 pm #918September 19, 2015 at 2:31 am #939October 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm #1719
Deleted Posts #1598 & #1602 from this topic, because the question by @legoclub about registering to play becomes invalid with the public servers all closed at the moment, and the response by me (@Xiphoseer) becomes irrelevant.October 29, 2015 at 10:26 am #1906
Trashed topic “How do I contribute” cause it violates rule #2 of looking at Github.com first.March 30, 2016 at 9:53 am #4868
Trashed post from Seitox in “My source code is now public” because he asked when we can play LU -> against CoC rule 3.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.