Does anyone have IDA and it’s Hex Ray plugin? I was wondering if someone could decompile the Nexus2 client’s luniserver.exe file for me.
Thanks in advance.
Nexus2 is a client, luniserver is the server. They are separate things.
Sorry, I’ll change that. I meant legouniverse.exe.
Yes, I have done it. But I didn’t find anything interesting. I can send you the machine code if you’d like.
@Timtech Have you used the Hex-Rays plugin to translate the machine code? I’m looking for the translation.
Timtech, it seems that no one has the hex rays plugin. If I could get the machine code, that would be great!
Thanks a lot.
I tried Hex Rays once but I think it was a trial or something because it doesn’t seem to be in my menus anymore. I’ll see about what I can decompile tomorrow for you.
Opening legouniverse.exe with Notepad++ also helps.
There are all gms listed.
Alright @anonymous, good news. After some searching I found a seat for the Hex-Rays decompiler as well. I haven’t used IDA at all in at least a year, but now I’m starting to remember how to do some stuff. At any rate, the C pseudocode as well as hopefully some machine code will be posted soon in Tinkerer’s Corner in a new thread.
Scrap that, I ran into some problems with exporting the machine code. Oh well, the Hex-Rays was the important thing, right? I was able to decompile legouniverse.exe to a C-like pseudocode (I had to override some type of autoanalysis, so I’m not exactly sure if it completed all the way). If it looks like something is missing I can try again tomorrow.
Anyways, here it is:
The full legouniverse.c is 102,267,075 bytes, but with PPMD:o32 it compressed to 7,714,529 bytes.
That’s amazing! Thanks Timtech!
I’m not sure, but I think that all of the functions’ and variables’ types have been replaced with a type _UNKNOWN, so that may be the problem.
Also, you might want to put a finished version of this in the Downloads section. I’ve seen a couple people looking for this file.
Don’t bother about exporting the machine code, I can’t read it as well as C.
Alright, I will see about trying to get the auto-analysis to work and then exporting again to see if that changes things. Either way, I’ll add the final .c file to the Downloads page as you suggested.
Okay, the auto-analysis didn’t really seem to change anything with those _UNKNOWN types, but there is a slight file size difference (the new file is 102,075,262 bytes). Check out http://timtechsoftware.com/uploads/legouniverse.c-analyzed.7z for the new file.
P.S. Moved this topic to Tinkerer’s Corner.
Here is the machine code as well, just in case (8,872,647-byte .7z archive containing a 159,745,592-byte .asm file): http://timtechsoftware.com/uploads/legouniverse.asm-analyzed.7z
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.